At poundtoken.io we focus heavily on security. Help us ensure that your account with us is secure by following these basic steps.
Securing your poundtoken sign-in
2. Create a password that is long (at least 15 characters) and that is not used on any other website.
3. Don’t write your password down.
4. Beware of phishing scams. Sign-in 2FA can’t protect your account if you enter it on a phishing website or share it with a scammer.
Securing your email
If the email account registered to your poundtoken.io account is compromised, it can be used to request your username, reset your password and approve withdrawals.
1. Create a password using the same tips as for your poundtoken.io password – just remember to keep the two passwords different.
2. Remove phone numbers from your email account.
Securing your internet
1. WiFi password. If you are working from home please ensure your WiFi is password protected.
2. Avoid public WiFi. Use your mobile data plan instead if it is necessary to access the poundtoken.io site in public (we recommend that you do not). If you have to use public WiFi, make sure to have a reputable VPN (avoid free VPNs).